Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Flower for You Notebook

This is a notebook that I decorated as a practice for a Stationery Stamp Camp I'm holding on Monday (I still have room for a couple more people if anyone's interested!).

I found an awesome tutorial on Nancy's blog (Inkcicles). When I've made notebooks before, I always just coloured the part under the coil with a black sharpie so that the notebook colour wouldn't clash with the designer paper, but it always looked messy and incomplete. Nancy shows how to get the paper to cover the complete front of the notebook by removing the coils before decorating.

I used a spray adhesive to attach the paper to the notebook cover. It takes a lot longer (you have to let it sit for an hour after you spray before you can adhere it), but it is PERMANENTLY on there! Nothing is going to get that sucker off of there!

Anyway, for this particular notebook, I used Flowers for You designer paper, then layered on some Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery and Whisper White. I stamped with my Simply Said set in Tempting Turquoise, Lovely Lilac and Pixie Pink to match the paper. The "Celebrate" is from Wonderful Words. The flower is a white fabric flower that I dyed in Lovely Lilac ink by rubbing it on the ink pad. I wish I could say it was from the Pretties kit, but that hasn't arrived yet (it's on the way - I'm so excited!). This is just a generic one I have - not sure who made it, sorry. I attached it to the paper with a rose red brad from my Rich Regals brads. After I decorated, I punched holes up the sides with my 1/8-inch circle punch and threaded the coil through again.

Make sure you enter my blog candy draw here. The draw is open until Friday.

5 comments:

My Paper World said...

Love this, your notebook is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty notebook, Shannon! That spiral looks like it took some work to remove. ;) Great job!

Jules said...

Wow, that is awesome! I bet it was a lot of work to remove the spiral.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

What a fabulous creation! Looks great!
:-)

Corie said...

This is so pretty -- love it.