Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stationery Stamp Camp

These are some projects for a class I'm offering on August 8 called "Stationery Stamp Camp". Guests will be making an altered clip board, an acrylic post-its holder, a notebook, a paper clip bookmark and a designer pen. The projects shown here are not exactly the way they will look at the stamp camp - I just used the supplies I had on hand to make these! I will be ordering in some more for the camp. Guests can choose between the Baroque look or Floral (using the Flowers for You paper).

I have to mention that the design of my acrylic post-its holder is inspired (okay, copied!) by hockeygirl's card, found here. (Her blog is A Stamper's Getaway, and it's fantastic!) The design was made using the Pick a Petal set with Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black and Barely Banana inks, Basic Black, Barely Banana and Whisper White cs, and black grosgrain ribbon. The pen matches the holder. I stamped the petal in Pomegranate and Black on white cs, then rolled it up and put it in the pen. (It's an RSVP pen.)

For the notebook and the clipboard, I used the Brocade Background designer paper with the Baroque Motifs set. The notebook uses River Rock, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive ink and cs, along with Chocolate grosgrain ribbon. The clipboard uses Close to Cocoa and Real Red craft ink and twill tape. I was going to put a buckle on the twill tape from the Hodgepodge Hardware, but then I thought it would be difficult to write on a clipboard with a buckle on it! The red ink smudged a bit when I put the Mod Podge on it (I didn't let the ink dry long enough!), but I think it gives it a worn look!

The paper clip bookmark is made with On Board Accents chipboard that is covered with Petals & Paisleys designer paper. I put a little pink button from the Soft Subtles collection on it with a glue dot.

And if you would like all the supplies and instructions provided for you, just sign up for the class if you're in my area!

Here are some photos of the individual projects:

3 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Your paper projects are wonderful. I can tell that you put a lot of time into making them. Each one is beautiful.
NG.

Carrie Gaskin said...

These are just wonderful, if you lived closer I'd come to the class!

Corie said...

Wow, more projects. BEAUTIFUL, thanks for sharing -- great inspiration.