Friday, July 6, 2007

Sketch This Cards Contest

Yay! I was finally able to get some stamping done last night (in my newly clean work station!).

I find that the best way for me to be inspired to make new cards is to try sketch challenges that people offer on their blogs. Here is a challenge from Sketch This Cards. It's a great site with lots of sketch challenges for people. Here's the link to this week's challenge.

I started off with the colour scheme. I saw a card on Splitcoast Stampers with Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi and So Saffron, and I liked the way they looked together, so I went with that. I got a piece of designer paper from the Palette of Prints and used it as a main layer on a Basic Black card base. Then I added the Pomegranate and Wasabi layers. To finish off, I used black grosgrain ribbon and punched flowers with the Spring Bouquet punch. The middle flower is Wasabi and the other two flowers are on So Saffron stamped with the polka dot petal from Pick a Petal in Pomegranate ink (I wanted to tie in the polka dots on the designer paper). It needed more, so I stamped the greeting from Much Appreciated in Basic Black, then added the little flowers from Simply Said on the coloured layers.

1 comment:

Diane said...

What a great card Shannon...you did an excellent job!!! TFS!!!