Tuesday, July 31, 2007

We're Back!

Hello all! Just a quick note tonight. I've been running around all day trying to get re-organized since we returned from holidays last night.

Of course, before we left, I had enrolled the kids in swimming lessons which started this morning, so after getting very little sleep last night, we brought a one- and a three-year-old to the pool. Noah was fine, as he went to lessons with Daddy. Adam, however, was another story! This was his first time in lessons by himself (he's in Guppies!), and he cried the entire time. I felt so sorry for the instructor! He had six three-year-olds, and two of them kept splashing him and trying to get away, three were pretty timid, and then my kid was screaming for the whole half-hour! I hope they pay the teacher well!

After swimming lessons, we went home so I could start tackling laundry. When the kids went down for naps, I had to go into the city and exchange a swimsuit I bought before we left that started fraying while we were on vacation. (By the way, how many of you HATE shopping for a swimsuit?! I am afraid that they don't make swimsuit tops for well-endowed women who want to be a little bit modest! Not to mention that I have a baby who is constantly pulling on my top no matter what I'm wearing, so I don't need my chest hanging out in the pool! I did finally find one that was half-decent after shopping for six hours. Usually I would be in heaven getting to spend that much time shopping, but not when I'm confronted with all my bodily flaws all day. That's my little rant for today!)

Anyway, we spent a lot of the day trying to undo the spoiling of our children that Grandma and Grandpa and a week of being out of routine have done! They were so cranky today! They seemed better after naps, though, so that's hopeful.

Then, after supper I went grocery shopping since we had no food left in the house. It's now 10:30, and I just finished putting groceries away.

How come we return from holidays feeling less rested than when we left? LOL!

I know, I know... enough whining already!

So hopefully I'll get to do some stamping tomorrow. I've been itching to try scratch-and-sniff embossing (using sugar-free drink powder!). I'll be doing that first chance I get. I'll also get some pictures of our holidays up on my blog tomorrow.

Stay tuned, and thanks for reading! I'm going to bed now!

No comments: