Friday, October 26, 2007

Snowflakes Softly Falling

Here's another card I made for the class I did at the Dutch Canadian Association last weekend. I used embossing resist technique for this one. I thought it ended up looking pretty cool - like snow falling with Christmas lights in the background (maybe it's just me, though!).

I stamped the snowflakes and the greeting from Frosty in white craft ink on Whisper White cardstock. I embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I sponged Real Red, Glorious Green, Brilliant Blue and So Saffron ink all over it.

To finish it off, I knotted some Real Red grosgrain and stuck that on. I then matted the page onto Glorious Green before adhering the whole thing to the Real Red card base.

There you go, quick and simple!

Thanks for reading, and remember to enter my blog candy draw here!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah!! LOVE THIS ONE!! GREAT COLORS!!

Janet

Anonymous said...

You're right...it does look like Christmas lites in the background...that is so cool :)

Diane said...

Lovely card Shannon!

My Paper World said...

Great technique, it looks really pretty!

Anonymous said...

Wow! So gorgeous! How come my sponging does not look like this? lol (do you use a sea sponge? or any special technique?) :))

Anonymous said...

Cute card and another great technique!