Tuesday, October 30, 2007

November Stamp Club Cards

Here are the cards we will be making at November's Stamp Clubs. I wanted to stick with a Christmas theme, but still teach some new techniques and cards and use the designer paper as much as possible (since it's on special in November!), so here's what I came up with.



















The first card has been on my blog before. I just love the effect of the puffy paint to look like snow! It's Tulip puffy paint, which I heat set with my heat tool until it puffed up like popcorn! This card also uses the Wintergreen designer paper with Soft Sky and Mellow Moss cardstock. The tree is from Lovely as a Tree (stamped in Always Artichoke), and the sentiment is from Greetings Galore.

The second card uses Poppin' Pastels technique with the Wondrous Gift set. For my colours, I used Bravo Burgundy, Handsome Hunter, Close to Cocoa and Very Vanilla. I used some gold elastic cord as an embellishment.

The final card is a pocket card that's open on the sides (it's held together with the wide burgundy grosgrain ribbon across the flap, which is tied with some gold elastic cord). I used Wintergreen designer paper with Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Bravo Burgundy and Soft Sky cardstock. The stamp set is Season of Joy. I turned the insert into a gift card holder by adhering a strip of cardstock across it with sticky strip. I just marked off where the gift card would fit and put sticky strip from those points to the edges of the insert.

I hope my stamp clubs enjoy these cards! I always agonize so much when I'm planning for clubs! I want them to like the cards they're making, obviously, but I also want to be able to show different techniques and showcase different products and projects. I probably put way too much pressure on myself!

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all great cards Shannon! I especially love the first one with Beate's sketch...you rocked that one! I'm sure your stamp class will love them! ;)

Diane said...

Lovely cards Shannon,the puffed technique is awesome,looks great!

Corie said...

GREAT cards -- love them!!