Friday, October 19, 2007

Inspired by a Magazine

I saw this page (left) in Focus on the Family Canada magazine, and I thought, "That looks like Baroque and Old Olive! I can make that!"

So here's the card I came up with based on the magazine layout (right). I used very Vanilla as my card base and stamped the flourish from Baroque Motifs in Old Olive. I then stamped the flower from Oh So Lovely in Old Olive on Very Vanilla and coloured it in lightly with blender pens using Bravo Burgundy. I sponged Old Olive ink around the outside of the image and matted it with Old Olive cardstock. The "thanks" is from Everyday Flexible Phrases. I really like how simple this card is.

Make sure you enter my draw for blog candy here!

2 comments:

Diane said...

It's gorgeous Shannon!!! Love that color!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! You're getting a lot of inspiration from those magazines! Great job...LOVE the baroque!