Friday, October 19, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #24

My friend, Sherri, and I were making Christmas cards yesterday, and she came up with the idea of using navy and white with this set. I hadn't thought to use navy for a Christmas card, but I really like the look of it with this particular stamp.

I made this card tonight for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #24 (by the way, congratulations on 800 000 hits, Beate!) Can you imagine? Eight hundred thousand visits!!! Her blog is fantastic (obviously!).

Anyway, I hope you can see this card alright - the light wasn't the best for photos. I may replace this image tomorrow!

I used Whisper White as the base and used toilet paper technique with Night of Navy ink. Then I stamped the little poinsettia from Season of Joy all over (after stamping it off so it wouldn't be so dark).

I stamped the main image on Whisper White in Night of Navy as well. Then I matted it on Night of Navy. For the bottom strip, I added some diamond brads from SU!'s old Vintage brads before I adhered it to the card. (I realize the strip is too long - it's not supposed to come out on the right from under the image, but I hope this will still count!) After I adhered the main image to the card, I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the flowers, tree, snowflake and star using my two-way glue pen.

Don't forget to enter my Blog Candy for Breast Cancer Awareness draw here!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice technique...you sure are doing a lot of those. Great job!

Andrea, said...

Fab card, great stamp

Anonymous said...

Shannon, your card is beautiful! Love the navy/white combo and all the added sparkle!!!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Oh so blingy! I love it!

Lori said...

Nice! I really like the navy and white for a non-traditional holiday card color combo.

Deborah said...

Fabulous card! Deb

Jill MacDonald said...

Love this card in Navy.It suits it!

My Paper World said...

The navy and white look fab!
Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

I love it thanks for more inspiration!! (((((HUGS))))))

JANET

Corie said...

This is just Beautiful