Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Inspired by Arbonne!

Here's a card I made just for fun today (finally!). I was inspired by the Arbonne holiday catalogue, believe it or not! Their catalogue is so beautiful - it has a vellum cover over the front with a design very similar to Baroque Motifs, so how could I resist? Here's the cover:

So for my card, I stamped the Baroque flourish onto vellum paper with VersaMark, then embossed it with gold embossing powder. I cut some Very Vanilla cardstock to the same size and stamped some of the other Baroque stamps on that in Close to Cocoa and Bravo Burgundy. I then layered them and attached the two pieces together with some gold eyelets.

For the card base, I used Close to Cocoa and stamped the French Flair background stamp on it in the same colour of ink. I then attached the vellum piece to it with dimensionals.

Looking at the catalogue cover again, I have another idea for a card. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do more stamping before I forget!

5 comments:

Deb said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, great source of inspiration too!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! Love the set and the inspiration piece. It's so nice to make cards 'just for fun'! ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying your Arbonne holiday catalogue! I never thought it would be used in such a creative way!

Lori Barnett said...

Awesome! I love embossing and the gold is so so rich looking!

Diane said...

Very elegant!!! Love the gold embossing,it's gorgeous!