Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Re: Blog Candy

I'm reading the comments people have made in my blog candy post (make sure you enter - I need at least 50 comments so I can donate that much to the Cross Cancer Institute), and am so moved by your stories. It is sobering to read everyone's encounters with cancer. I knew in my head that cancer affected a lot of people, but to read about so many different stories from all over the place just makes it so much more real. We need to find a cure for this disease. It is hurting so many people.

Before I posted the candy, I thought it would be too depressing to have people tell their stories, but I think now that it's therapeutic. It gives some relief to see that common thread we have in our lives and be able to tell people about it. I hope you feel the same way and don't think I'm bringing people down! I love talking about my dad - not because of the disease that killed him, but because of his amazing life and his heroic fight. Let's do all we can to raise money and awareness of cancer.

The blog candy post will be open until Friday, so make sure you enter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello. I think it is therapeutic as well. Although my grandmother did win her cancer battle, other illnesses took her from us too early. It does help to think about them and remember all the great times. Some how, the sad ones become less in the forefront with all the happy memories! Have a great day.