Sunday, October 7, 2007

One More For Beate's Sketch Challenge!

Okay, this is the last one - I promise! I just love this sketch from Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge!

For this Christmas card, I used the Wintergreen designer paper for the circle and adhered it to a Soft Sky card base.

I stamped the tree from Lovely as a Tree in Always Artichoke on Soft Sky cs. I matted that with Mellow Moss cs. For the snow, I used Tulip brand puffy paint (it's actually a fabric paint). I put a little bit on all the branches (it goes on really nicely because it has a very fine tip). Then I used my heat tool and heated the paint. That's what makes it puff up like popcorn! It's very fun to watch!

I stamped the greeting from Greetings Galore in Always Artichoke.

And now I need to try something that doesn't use this layout! Thanks for reading!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, this is beautiful! You are rocking this sketch!
Hugs and smiles

Clare said...

Love the tree with the snow on the branches, it looks really effective.

Deb said...

Wow, that tree is so fantastic, lovely card. It is so hard to give up a great layout isn't it? Only a few more days till Beate's next fabulous sketch!

My Paper World said...

Beautiful! Love the puff paint snow effect!

Alex said...

This is gorgeous Shannon, I love this look!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Shannon, you sure are loving that sketch! Great card...love the snow!

Andrea, said...

This is fantastic, love the effect of the snow on the tree

Corie said...

Love this!!!

Diane said...

I'm lovin' it,that snow is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love the snow! great job!

Healthy Family said...

I got htis puff paint, and it didn't seem to work for me... I will try it with the heat iron though! THANKS the card is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. LOVE the tree!