Saturday, October 6, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #22

I just can't stop using this sketch! I LOVE it! Here's another for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. It also uses Splitcoast's Color Challenge for this week.

When I read on Splitcoast that the challenge was to use River Rock, Blue Bayou and Chocolate Chip, I thought they wouldn't work together. But then I saw a few blogs where people had used the colours, and I thought they looked really great together! So I figured I'd try. I like it!

I used Chocolate Chip as the base, and I cut the circle from my Apple Cider designer paper. I then sponged Chocolate Chip ink around the circle so it would blend better with the base.

I haven't used my Heartfelt Thanks set for ages, so I pulled that out and inked up the bottom stamp with Blue Bayou and River Rock. Then I stamped the outline stamp in Blue Bayou and Chocolate Chip. I sponged Blue Bayou around the edge of the white cardstock and stamped "thanks" from Everyday Flexible Phrases in Blue Bayou. This was matted onto Blue Bayou. I pulled a piece from my pewter Hodgepodge Hardware to add that little extra bit. I tied a piece of Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon through it. I used a glue dot under the ribbon knot to keep it from flopping down!

I'm loving this sketch! You will probably see a few more cards with this layout!

9 comments:

Corie said...

Love these colors and the sketch -- you rocked this challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Shannon, this is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! LOVE the colors and heartfelt is one of my all time favorite sets!

Lori said...

This is so pretty! The colors are perfect for the Heartfelt Thanks set.

Michelle L. said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! Your Beate sketch cards are all terrific. I think I like this one best because Heartfelt Thanks is one of my favorite sets! It's always nice to see someone else appreciating it like I do.

Janine said...

This is a great card...
Love the colors

Janine
www.2bKrafty.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Love Love Love them!!

Clare said...

Lovely colours, they work really well. The flower is so elegant.

Alex said...

Very stunning Shannon - you are rockin this sketch girl!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex