Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Christmas Pocket Card

This is a pocket card that I made for a class I did on the weekend for the Dutch Canadian Association. (By the way, what a fun group of ladies they were! There are several ladies who meet each Saturday to make cards and crafts, and I was honoured that they invited me to show them some stamping crafts. They were so nice, and definitely didn't need my help with crafting!)

Anyway, I will likely do this project with my stamp clubs this month as well. I love pocket cards! I'm going to add a variation to the insert so that a gift card can be attached to it (I'll show that when I figure it out!). Perfect for Christmas!

For this one, I used Always Artichoke as the base and decorated the front with Wintergreen designer paper. On the flap, I first stamped "Merry Christmas" from Holidays and Wishes in Bravo Burgundy, then adhered some burgundy grosgrain ribbon over top. I used the poinsettia from the Season of Joy set with Bravo Burgundy ink on Soft Sky and punched it out with the Scallop Circle punch. I also punched a second scallop circle in burgundy to layer underneath. The whole thing is held together and attached to the flap with a gold brad. I glued the flap down after I had decorated it.

The insert is a piece of Certainly Celery, stamped with the flourish from Season of Joy in the same colour of ink. The tab is made using the Round Tab punch with Bravo Burgundy. I stamped the tiny poinsettia from the stamp set in the same colour ink to decorate it. I think for the gift card "holder", I will adhere a band across the front of the insert using sticky strip (leaving an opening wide enough for a gift card through the center).

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy this!

Don't forget to enter my blog candy draw for a Stampin' Up! stamp set here!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Shannon that is so nice!! Love it!! TFS!

My Paper World said...

Its beautiful, love that gorgeous paper!

Anonymous said...

I love pocket cards and especially love that DP! Beautiful card! ;)

Natalie said...

I just made my first pocket card for a swap! I was a little self conscious about it! Love yours! It totally reassured me about mine! Thanks for sharing! :)