Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Pretties Christmas

Here's a card I made for Jenn's One Year Anniversary Challenge. She gave a fantastic sketch, so I had to try it out.

I really can't wait for my new designer paper to arrive because as much as I love the Wintergreen, I'm getting tired of using it on all my cards!!

Anyway, I did use Wintergreen for this one. I used Soft Sky as the base, with Sage Shadow as the matting for the stamped image. The tree is from Season of Joy, stamped in Sage Shadow. The "Merry Christmas" is from Holidays and Wishes, stamped in Soft Sky. (I think my stamp still had some burgundy on it, so it's kind of a Soft Sky/Bravo Burgundy combo - but I think it works!)

I was dying to use my new SU! Pretties kit, so I added some embellishments from that. I know the flower isn't very Christmas-y, but I had to use it! I dyed it in Sage Shadow (see note below). I used a small rhinestone from the kit to attach the flower and put a couple of large rhinestones up at the top. I think I should have put the two large brads a bit higher, but I couldn't move them as they left big holes in my paper!

*Just a note about dying the flowers: This is super easy - just put the flower face-down on the ink pad, put a piece of scrap paper over it to keep your hands from getting too inky, and rub the flower into the ink until it's dyed! I was actually amazed at how quickly the ink on the flower dried. It was ready to use in less than a minute and didn't get dye all over my cardstock (I speak from experience - I tried dying a cheapy flower in the ink and it took hours to dry. I attached it to my cardstock, and it left dye all over the paper from the flower.)!

And there you have it! Another Christmas card I can add to my pile!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card love that layout and the embelishments look fabulous! That DP is going on my next order. ;) TFS!

Jenn D said...

This is so pretty! I love the softness of the colors and you used one of my favorite stamp sets.

Diane said...

Real nice Shannon,love that color!

Anonymous said...

Oooh what a gorgeous card. I love the soft colors and the simple embellishments.

tyrymom29 said...

SO pretty love the COLORS...

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!