Monday, November 19, 2007

Christmas Portrait

I wanted to come up with a card that would showcase our new family photo, so this is what happened!

I started with Bayou Blue as a base because it blended with the blue in the photo. I chose Night of Navy and Whisper White as accent colours from the picture.

I rolled my Snowflake wheel over the card base with Not Quite Navy ink. Then I stamped "Merry Christmas" from Holidays and Wishes in VersaMark and embossed it with white embossing powder.

To matte the photo, I cut some navy paper to a half-inch larger than the picture (all around), then punched the corners with the now-retired (sad face here!) Wrought Iron punch. I slipped the photo in the corners and glued that to the white matte, then adhered the whole thing to the card.

With this card, people can take the photo out afterwards and keep that if they'd like.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Wonderful family card! Deb

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

I was JUST admiring that wonderful family photo!!...what an awesome picture....and a GREAT idea to give as a gift with your card(though I probably would want to frame the WHOLE card & picture for a keepsake!) Simply beeeeeeeeeautiful!!!

Maria said...

Awww what a pretty scrappy card! Your family picture is beautiful! Great idea to give to family and friends!

Maria

Anonymous said...

Great family picture! I LOVE the fact that you can take the picture out after the holiday. I'm going to have to come up with something too. We usually send a picture too. ;)

Diane said...

What a beautiful family photo Shannon!! Your card looks great!!