Sunday, November 18, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #28

This is my card for Beate's WSC28. I wanted to make a Christmas card out of Bashful Blue and Chocolate Chip to match the "Blizzard" wrapping paper in SU!'s Holiday Mini Catalogue, so this is what I came up with.

I found these snowburst tags on here on Fran's blog (Ink Up Your Creativity), and she links to an awesome tutorial by Donna Mills here. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy they are to make!

Anyway, I made two snowbursts and layered them, one out of Bashful Blue and one out of Chocolate Chip, both with vellum paper in the petals. For the center piece, I stamped the snowflake from Perfect Presentation in Bashful Blue on vellum and embossed it with clear ep. I layered it on Bashful Blue cardstock and punched it out with my 3/4 inch circle punch. I stuck it on with a dimensional.

For the rest of the card, I used Bashful Blue as my base and rolled my Snowflake wheel across it in Chocolate Chip ink. I did the same thing on the other blue layer. For the two mattes, I used my ticket corner punch on them. I put a strip of Chocolate Chip grosgrain down the front before adhering my snowbursts on with a dimensional. (I wish I had the chocolate satin ribbon or the wide grosgrain - I think it would have looked a lot better!)

I know I will be making more cards with snowbursts on them!

12 comments:

Deb said...

Stunning, I love the starburst, it is a great effect

Becky - stampin' and sewin' in the tulip city said...

Nice job on the vellum starburst! Looks great for this sketch.

Andrea, said...

This is fabulous, the snowflake is stunning. Love your Xmas box as well

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely stunning. Awesome job!!!

Kelly said...

So pretty I love your snowflake and the colors are wonderful!

BarbK said...

This card is beautiful. I love it.

Deborah said...

A show stopper! Just lovely! Deb

Anonymous said...

Your snowburst looks amazing! I've seen these, but have yet to try one. Looks like too much work for me. LOL! Great colors too! ;)

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Shannon...this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!....and one of my MOST favorite color combos too!!

Maria said...

Such a pretty card. I love the colors and that starburst! Fabulous job!

Maria

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Wonderful center image.
Hugs and smiles

Teri said...

This is so pretty! I yet have to make one!!! Aloha, Teri