Monday, March 8, 2010

Puffy Flower a la Corie!

My blog friend, Corie Foster has been making tons of cards using this puffy flower using the Scallop Circle punch, so I had to try one.  She has a wonderful tutorial for the puffy flowers here.

I totally CASEd Corie on this card.  You can check out her stunning original here.  And if you go to Corie's blog and scroll down a bit, you'll find tons of different projects she's made using the puffy flowers!  She is amazing!
 
For my card, I used Bermuda Bay with some Whisper White cardstock that I embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder using my Big Shot (I wasn't going to buy this folder, but I've seen so many stunning projects made with it that I had to have it!).  The puffy flower is made with vellum cardstock.  I think I'd use vellum paper instead next time as this was very hard to work with.  The "leaves" are punched with the 5-Petal Flower punch and cut apart.  The sentiment is from Short & Sweet, punched with the Modern Label punch.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings to you,

2 comments:

Alex said...

CAUUUTE Shannon, love those colors and the flower rocks, have to try that!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Diane said...

Oh how nice!!!! Love the simplicity and the flower is gorgeous!!!