Thursday, March 4, 2010

March Stamp Club Cards

All of my cards this month are CASEd!  I love the spring theme of these cards, and I couldn't wait to share them with my club ladies.
This first card is a CASE of one I made at my upline, Winona Semler's, group meeting.  She used the Sweet Pea dsp on hers, but I decided to go with Cottage Wall designer paper (one of my favourites!).

The top portion is Pale Plum that I ran through the Big Shot with the Polka Dots embossing folder (which I wasn't going to buy, but after seeing so many amazing projects with it, I had to have!).  There is a strip of Old Olive across the center.

The flower is made with two 1 x 11" strips of Whisper White cardstock.  I punched along the edge with the eyelet border punch, then ran the strips through the crimper several times to soften it up.  Then I punched a 1-3/8" circle of sticky pages and removed one of the backings.  I started at the outer edge of the circle and wound the paper strips around, circling in towards the center.  When it was done, I snipped off the remaining white strip (there's a bit left at the end) and peeled the backing off the sticky circle to adhere the flower to the page.  To finish the flower, I added a Sweet Pea stitched felt piece to the center and the leaves to the outside.

Finally, I stamped the greeting from Whimsical Words (SAB set) in Rich Razzleberry.

This next card is CASEd from Christine Cowie Lehman that she made for a swap I participated in last month.  I thought it was just stunning!

This technique is called Emerging Color.  I used the Vintage Vogue stamp set and the Vintage Wheel with Old Olive, Soft Suede and Pretty in Pink to stamp all over a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.  Then I used the Pinking Hearts border punch along the edge.

Next, I stamped the Medallion stamp in VersaMark and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Finally, I sponged Soft Suede ink over the embossed image and along the edges of the paper so the Medallion "popped".

To finish the card, I layered that piece on some Pretty in Pink, wrapped some Kraft taffeta ribbon around it and added a Scalloped Oval piece stamped from Oval All.

This final card is another one I did at my upline's meeting this month.  It's hard to tell from the photo, but it uses the Sponging Clouds technique.  I stamped the house images from the Good Neighbor SAB set in Basic Brown and coloured them with blender pens and watercolor crayons.  Then I punched a scallop circle from scrap paper, placed it on the cardstock and sponged Bashful Blue ink around it.  You just keep moving the scallop circle around the page (start at the bottom) and sponging more ink around it to create a cloudy look.  The grass is a strip of Garden Green cardstock snipped with my paper snips.

Blessings to you,

2 comments:

Diane said...

Shannon,those are all so cute! Love the flower you created!

Alex said...

These are all so super cute Shannon!! I love that flower, how do you make that??!! I want to try, lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex