Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pines & Poinsettias Sound Card

I've been having lots of fun playing with my new stuff out of the upcoming Holiday Mini Catalogue! 
This is a sound card that my Stamp Clubs will be making at our first meeting in September.  I know Christmas is a ways away, but I really wanted to try something fancy with the recordable sound cards, and I thought Christmas would be perfect so people can send their loved ones a holiday message!

I used the polished stone technique on glossy white cardstock using Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, So Saffron and Gold re-inkers.  I then used the Oval Scallop Frame with my Big Shot to punch out the oval pieces.  The stamped image is from the new Pines & Poinsettias stamp set, stamped in Black Staz-On.  I also added some new Dazzling Details glitter glue to bits & pieces of the stamped image.

For the background, I embossed some Brushed Gold cardstock with the Petals-A-Plenty embossing folder and sponged Cherry Cobbler ink all over it.  After gluing the scalloped oval piece to this, I added some Cherry Cobbler Quilted Satin Ribbon across the bottom using sticky strip (how gorgeous is this ribbon!?).  I finished this off with an antique brad.

Finally I tied some crochet trim around the frame and attached a greeting with some 1/8 Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon.  The sentiment is punched with the Modern Label punched and sponged with Soft Suede ink.  Then I added the center oval piece with Stampin' Dimensionals.  The whole thing was then adhered to a layer of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.

I sponged the edges of the sound card with Cherry Cobbler ink before I glued the card front to it.  Here is the inside of the card (also stamped with Pines & Poinsettias in Cherry Cobbler and Soft Suede):

I hope everyone likes it!

Blessings to you,

No comments: