Monday, February 8, 2010

February Stamp Club Projects

For my February clubs, we will be making some different occasions cards.  We made Valentines last month, so this time we'll make a baby card, an anniversary card and an cool card using the scallop border punches (for any occasion!)
I can't remember what this type of card is called (with all the different folds), but I thought it would make a cute baby card.  I used the Sweet Pea designer series paper, pairing it with Barely Banana and Lavender Lace.  For the boat stamp (from Nursery Necessities), I used the kissing technique with a stamp from Razzle Dazzle.  The front piece with the boat on it folds open like a mini card.

My friend, and talented stamper, Donna Wizniuk, came up with this adorable anniversary card.  I had it up on my card board, and several ladies commented on it, so we'll be making it this month!

It's quite labour-intensive with lots of little pieces, but I think the end result is so cute!  It's hard to tell from the photo, but the background "wall" piece is scored in half-inch squares to look like tile, then stamped and sponged with Sage Shadow ink.  The towel bar is a strip of Sahara Sand cardstock with a silver brad at each end.

I ran the towels through the Big Shot with the square Texturz plate before adding the "monogrammed" stamps (from All Holidays) and the scalloped Sage Shadow pieces on the bottom.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, stamped in Basic Black.

Finally, we will be making this Very Vanilla scalloped card that my upline, Winona, showed us at our last meeting.  I believe she CASEd it from someone else, but I'm not sure who.  (If you know, please inform me so I can give credit where credit is due!)

I love monochromatic cards, and this one works well with the Vanilla, Chocolate Chip and Kraft. The butterflies are made with the new butterfly embosslits in the Occasions mini catalogue.  I sponged them with some Chocolate Chip ink using a sponge dauber.   The scalloped piece is a 3 13/16" square.  I punched the corners first with the scallop corner punch, then lined up the sides and punched them with the scallop border SAB punch.

Et voila!  Hope they like them!

Blessings to you,

3 comments:

Alex said...

Beautiful cards Shanon - I cannot imagine how you are doing all of this AND getting ready to sell your house...you AMAZE me!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Diane said...

These are all great Shannon! The ann. one is so cool! Maybe time consuming but like you said,well worth it!!!

Corie said...

So sweet -- love them all!!