Saturday, February 6, 2010

Brayered Flower

This is another card we did in my Big Shot club.  I've been wanting to do something with embossing folders beyond just sticking paper in and running it through, so this is what I came up with.  It's pretty simple, I know, but I was surprised by how much it adds to the embossing to add ink!

All I did was brayer some Elegant Eggplant ink onto the embossing folder on the side with the raised image.  Then I carefully dropped some Whisper White cardstock in and ran it through the Big Shot.  So simple!

One lady at the club brayered the ink on the other side of the embossing folder (the side with the indented image), and it looked really cool too!  The raised image turned out white with shaded Eggplant around it.

To finish the card, I stamped the image from Oval All in Eggplant, punched it with the Large Oval punch and layered that on a Scalloped Oval piece of Eggplant cardstock.  We attached the piece with dimensionals and layered it onto some more Elegant Eggplant cardstock before adhering it to the Basic Black card base.

Quick and easy!

Blessings to you,

1 comment:

Diane said...

Looks great Shannon! I love that folder!