Friday, February 29, 2008

A Wonderful Birthday & A Blog Candy Winner!

What a wonderful birthday I had yesterday - probably one of my best ever! First, on Wednesday, I had a delivery of beautiful flowers from my mom.

Then yesterday, I went out for a bit in the morning, and when I returned, this beautiful drawing was in my mailbox. My SIL, Twyla, drew this for me. I had tears in my eyes when I saw that it's a picture of my dad (who passed away ten years ago) that she drew with my boys. He never got to meet them, but he would have been a wonderful grandpa! I can't believe how much my boys look like him. What a beautiful gift! Thank you, Twyla.

Then my friend, Sherri, showed up with lunch for me at noon (always a treat not to have to make lunch!). We had a great visit. She's such a thoughtful friend.

Later, my other SIL, Wendy, showed up with a vase of lilies for me. Take a look at the vase! Those are SU! Rub-Ons!!! A woman after my own heart. LOL.

My boys slept most of the afternoon, so I had some quiet time to myself. Then, when my husband got home from work, he and my boys took me out for supper. Again - nice not to have to cook! I spent the evening with my son at AWANA, then came home and watched Survivor and Celebrity Apprentice!

All in all, a wonderful birthday!

So anyway, you're probably wondering who won the Birthday Blog candy! I have enjoyed reading about your favourite birthday memories. Thank you all for visiting and commenting.

So without further ado, the winner (as selected by Random.org) is...
#26 - bluemoon

Here is her comment:
Best Wishes for a very Happy Birthday to you! and Happy 20K too! Lots to smile about

Here's a good b-day memory, I was a kid, up at our cottage on the lake, no tv etc. On my birthday my dad said he had a special present for me, and took me over to the neighbours cottage. there they were all eyes on the very tiny black and white... my dad told me he arranged this was especially on my birthday... we all saw the men landing on the moon for the first time on my birthday! As a kid, I did not know any better LOL. :) Happy Day.

What an amazing birthday memory - the first moon landing! Wow! Thanks for sharing that! Please email me with your mailing address so I can send your blog candy to you.

Thanks for playing and thank you for your birthday wishes. Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Alex said...

Shannon, I am so very happy to hear you had such a wonderful birthday!! That drawing by your SIL is really awesome and what a thoughtful gift that is!!! Happy Birthday again, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lee said...

Congrats to bluemoon!! And Shannon, I'm so glad you had a fantastic YOU-day!!!! :) What a very special drawing.....a treasure!!

Diane said...

Oh Shannon I'm so happy you got a
wonderful Birthday!!!That drawing of your father with your boys...
it brought tears to my eyes!!!
That is one of the best keepsake anyone could have!!!Glad you got spoiled cause you deserve every bit of it!!!
Congrats to bluemoon!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday...especially with NO cooking!!! ;) What a beautiful drawing too...something to cherish forever! Happy Birthday!

Corie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY -- what a FANTASTIC present -- I see that your SIL is as talented as you!!

Tracy.H said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Bday! And what a beautiful bday gift...definitely something to treasure. :0)

tyrymom29 said...

AWWW , I missed your Birthday :( Sending you lots of HUGS!!!