Wednesday, January 30, 2008

February Stamp Club Projects

Of course, for February, I wanted to do Valentine's Day-themed projects, but I also realize that some people detest Valentine's Day! So, how do you find a balance? Okay, I didn't do a very good job of that (I love Valentine's Day)! But, my Stamp Club ladies will have the option of turning these into non-Valentine's projects by changing which sentiment stamps they use. Fair enough?

This first card uses the faux silk technique that was shown on Splitcoast Stampers. As soon as I saw the tutorial, I knew I had to try it! It's super-easy!

I went with Almost Amethyst, Blush Blossom and Sage Shadow for this one, with some Elegant Eggplant for contrast. For the "silk" piece, I stamped the hearts from Simply Said all over some white tissue in the three Soft Subtles colours. Then I layered it over some Whisper White card stock. I matted this piece on some Blush Blossom and wrapped some Eggplant ribbon around it.

Then I stamped the hearts on a white square and matted that on Sage Shadow. I adhered this piece to the "silk" piece, then attached the whole thing to the card. I finished by stamping "love" from Wonderful Words across the bottom in Eggplant.

For those who don't want a Valentine's Day card, Wonderful Words also has "celebrate", "friendship" and "thanks"!
All of you Stampin' Up! demos will recognize this Love Box from the cover of the February issue of Stampin' Success! I had to try it as well! (All of the dimensions are on the SU! demo website.)

It was really easy - a strip of Real Red cardstock folded into an open-ended box! I used my mat pack and a white gel pen to do some faux-stitching across the top and bottom of the front of the box.

Then I stamped the l, v and e from Big Deal Alphabet in Pretty in Pink and Real Red. The flower is from Priceless, punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch. I adhered these to the box with dimensionals. I tied some Whisper White taffeta ribbon around the top, then some linen thread around that to hold the tag. The tag is just a rectangle of Whisper White, stamped with the sentiment from Holidays and Wishes in Real Red and punched with the 1/16" circle punch.

When we do this at Stamp Club, the ladies will get some small cello bags to fill with candy that they can put into the box.

The final project is this Double Accordion Gate Fold Card. I found the tutorial here on Leslie's blog (Running With Scissors). If you haven't checked out her blog, you must! Hers is the first blog I subscribed to when I first entered this blogging world. Her work is amazing. You can see another of her Gate Fold Cards here.

For this one, I used Close to Cocoa Prints designer paper for the card base with Purely Pomegranate for accents. This one is not a Valentine's Day card (but it does use Valentine colours!).

The balloon is from the Birthday Whimsy Sale-A-Bration set and is stamped in Pomegranate on Whisper White, then cut out. I attached it to the Cocoa scallop circle with a dimensional, then matted that with Pomegranate and more Cocoa. The sentiment is stamped in Cocoa as well. It is held closed with a pewter hodgepodge hardware piece.

On the inside, I put a stamped Whisper White rectangle so that you can write in it.

8 comments:

Lee said...

Oh wow!!! What fabulous projects!! I haven't ever tried the faux silk technique....it's beautiful!! Looks like you have so much fun at club!! I'm envious!!! :) Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial links!

Shannon Tompkins said...

Great projects. I had stamp club last night. I had 2 new to stamping gals last night (scrapbookers only) and I hooked them. I did just stamping, no techniques as I didn't know what to expect with them. Though they thought my criss cross card and paper piecing of the butterflies were techniques.

BarbK said...

These are great projects. You did a terrific job on all of them. TFS.

Anonymous said...

These are such great projects! You're right, they can change the card just by changing the sentiment. I'm going with that idea too. Love the gate card...haven't seen one of those yet! ;)

Diane said...

Lovely projects Shannon!!!

My Paper World said...

Awwww! very cute projects!

Erin... said...

Great projects!! i never realized there were some people who just really dont like valentine's day, how can you hate a holiday with cinnamon and conversation hearts???

Lori Barnett said...

Amazing stuff!! Wish I could come do the projects too! I'm thinking that gate fold card would be good for a baby announcement! Did you see my new grandaughter?! She is so cute. And of course I'm gonna be the one who gets called on to "please make some announcements mom" LOL I'll have to show this to my daughter and see.