Friday, June 15, 2007

Wild Wasabi and Blue Bayou


First of all, I am so excited that people are actually looking at my blog! Thank you for the kind comments. Thanks to Allison at Stampin' When I Can for mentioning my blog on hers (I'm the first one listed)! I appreciate the endorsement!

I was looking around on Splitcoast Stampers this morning and I found a whole bunch of cards using the Wild Wasabi with Certainly Celery, and it looks fantastic! I love the Wasabi! So I had to come up with something using that color combination. I added Groovy Guava for a splash of color, and came up with this 4 1/4 square card.

I used the Fine Lace background stamp with Wasabi ink on the same color cs. The flowers are from Garden Silhouettes, stamped with Wasabi and Guava. It was tricky getting the two colors on the stamp at one time, but with some maneuvering, I managed! I inked it in Wasabi first, then wiped the ink off the flowers and inked them in Guava. That was stamped on Whisper White and matted with Celery and Guava. I used the ticket corner punch on the white cs. The ribbon is celery grosgrain. I added silver brads on top of that. I punched out some Guava with the 1/4 inch circle punch and put them behind the brads. I saw that somewhere when I was surfing around some different sites. I apologize that I can't remember where I found that idea - it was either on Splitcoast or on someone's blog. I thought it was a great idea, though!

Anyway, I stamped "lovely" in Guava as well. It's a bit crooked - whoops! I'm going for simple cards lately. I like the understated look.

I wonder how many times I said "Wasabi" in this post!

I needed to make a sympathy card for my friend whose mother passed away suddenly yesterday. I wanted something simple and elegant. I was inspired by Bonnie Ratzloff's card on Splitcoast Stampers. (Okay, I basically CASEd it, but it was so beautiful I had to!) I changed the stamp set, but kept the colors and basic layout. I used Going Gray, Blue Bayou and Whisper White. The images are from the Close as a Memory stamp set, stamped in Blue Bayou ink. I used French Blue grosgrain as a simple accent.

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Thanks for being found! I try to highlight new bloggers when I find them so others can come seek you out too! Have fun!