Saturday, June 16, 2007

Baby Boy Stuff!


I made this card for our neighbour (and my husband's co-worker) since she had a baby boy this month (their first baby!). I was inspired by Leslie's card. I love the patchwork idea, but I like things quick and easy, so I rooted through my stuff and found this patchwork designer paper that I bought at Michaels several years ago! I cut out the four squares, then found the cs to match. The card base is Brocade blue with Bashful Blue layered on top. The only baby stamp set I have is "I'm Here" (I really need to get some more!), so I had to use that one! I stamped the hand print on Whisper White with Brocade Blue ink. I think I should have matted the white had print square with Brocade Blue as well, now that I look at it again. Oh well! The letters are also stamped in Brocade Blue with the alphabet that comes in I'm Here. I punched out the words with the 1/4 inch square punch and adhered them with two-way glue (it's just easier to work with for small items!). It needed a little something extra, so I sorted through my small tray of embellishments (I need more of those too!) and found the soft subtles buttons that I bought last year and have never used! I wanted to keep with the square/patchwork motif, so I used the small square buttons, adhered with glue dots. So there it is - quick and easy!

I also made her a jar of cards (of course!). I have three jars left from Ikea, so three more people will be getting them! Maybe I'll give one as blog candy when my counter gets up to 1000... (I'm new to blogging, but I'm loving the blog candy idea that I've seen on a lot of sites!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the way the patchwork turned out on your baby card. Congrats to your friend.