Thursday, June 21, 2007

Polished Stone Card


I found a great tutorial on Polished Stone Technique on Judy's blog, so I had to try it. As with all my cards, it's super-easy! As an aside, I look at these impressive blogs where people spend hours on one card, and I'm amazed! I wish I had the patience to do that, but I have a one- and a three-year old, so whenever I get a few minutes to myself to make a card, it's as easy and fast as I can make it! Maybe one day I'll have time to do fancier cards...

Anyway, I used Bashful Blue, Perfect Plum and Mellow Moss re-inkers for the polished stone background. Check out the tutorial to learn how to do it. (Basically you dip a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol, dot re-inkers on it and dab it all over glossy paper, but Judy shows it much better!) After the ink had dried, I stamped the flowers from Garden Silhouettes (a new hostess set in the upcoming catalogue) in black Staz-On ink. The card base is Perfect Plum with a Basic Black matte for the stone background. I used Eggplant grosgrain under the black wide organdy ribbon as an accent. I like the simple, elegant look of the card. Thanks to Judy for the inspiration!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great use of this new set!