Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October Club Cards

Here are the Fall-themed cards my club ladies will be making this month.
This first card uses the quilting technique.  I glued nine 1-1/4" squares of Sweater Weather designer series paper to the Chocolate Chip background piece before running hte whole thing through the Big Shot with the Argyle embossing folder (I accidentally ran mine through upside down so the impression is reversed!  My club ladies won't be doing that!)  I then wrapped some Burlap ribbon around it, tied some linen thread around that and added a Naturals button.  Finally, it's adhered to the Soft Sky card base and stamped with a greeting from Sassy Salutations.  I had originally made the card Crushed Curry, but I think I like the Soft Sky better.  I'll let my club ladies choose which colour they want to use!
For the second card, I used the Thankful Tablescape Simply Created kit.  I received it for free from Stampin' Up!, but it wasn't something I would use for decorating for Thanksgiving.  So I wanted to see how I could use the pieces from the kit to make cards.  There are actually a lot of great supplies in the kit, and it would be great for scrapbooking or making a whole bunch of cards!  I started with a Chocolate Chip card base, and I cut the name banner pieces to 4 x 5-1/4" and layered them on the card.  I cut the birch bark centre piece wraps into smaller strips and ripped the edges.  I wrapped the linen thread around that and glued it to the card.  Then I added the die cut leaves to that piece.  To finish it off, I stamped a greeting from Banner Greetings in Chocolate Chip ink and adhered that to the bottom with dimensionals.
For the final card, I wanted to make a Halloween card.  I found this cute card by Jackie Topa, and I used that for inspiration.  In Canada, we're not really big on sending Halloween cards, so I'm always surprised by how much Halloween stuff there is in the Holiday catalogue!  It must be a big thing in the States!  My club ladies can turn it into a birthday or thank you card by changing the greeting and leaving the jack-o-lantern as a plain pumpkin.  Anyway, I thought this owl punch art was super-cute.  I've seen it on a number of blogs, so I'm not sure who originally came up with the idea.  I started with a Garden Green card base and added some strips of paper from the Thankful Tablescapes Simply Created Kit on an Early Espresso background.  I wrapped some Early Espresso stitched grosgrain around that and glued it down.  The tag is punched from the Chalk Talk framelits dies out of Whisper White, and I used a Basic Black marker to draw some dotted lines around the outside before hooking it through the ribbon. 

The owl piece is made with the owl punch and the 1" circle punch for the pumpkin.  For the pumpkin "hat", I used the Boho Blossoms punch and the little heart from the owl punch.

Thanks for reading,

No comments: