Sunday, January 3, 2010

January Big Shot Club Projects

My Big Shot Club is meeting tonight, and here are the projects we'll be making.


I received one of these adorable Top Note purses last year as a gift from Susan Paterson at a stamping retreat hosted by my upline, and I've been dying to make it with a group!  This is the perfect opportunity as the group is only six people, so we'll have the time and supplies to make it feasible!  I am totally CASEing Susan with this one!  There is also a great tutorial here.

For this purse, I used the faux alligator skin technique on Whisper White paper to make it look like an alligator skin purse.  To do this, you cut the Top Note on the Big Shot, cover it with VersaMark ink and pour clear embossing powder over the whole piece.  Then use a bone folder to make squiggly lines horizontally and vertically through the powder before you heat set it.  After the lines are in, heat set it and you'll have a great faux alligator look.  I did this on three top notes pieces to make the purse.  It's finished off with some Soft Suede polka dot ribbon, a Pretties flower and a Chocolate Chip corduroy button.


The second project is a quicky because the purse will take a bit of time.  We're going to make fridge magnets!  I found some magnetic sheets at a craft store and cut them into smaller pieces (about 3 x 3 1/2").  I then cut some Kaleidoscope designer series paper the same size and adhered it to the magnet.  Then I ran the piece through my Big Shot with the Beautiful Butterflies die.  Finally, to embellish, I added a smaller butterfly piece of Kaleidoscope paper.  I put some silver elastic cord "antennae" on the back with a dimensional and used that to adhere it to the big butterfly.  To finish, I added some silver microbeads using Tombow Multipurpose adhesive.  I'm sorry the photo didn't turn out very well - hopefully you get the gist of it!

Here's a side view of the purse:

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings to you,

1 comment:

Diane said...

What a cute purse! I'm sure they'll love making this Shannon,I know I would!!!
Have fun tonight!!!