Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March Stamp Club Cards

I wanted to use more Sale-A-Bration products this month, so we're doing a few cards using those. I also promised the ladies a wedding card and a baby card, so here they are!
This baby card features the SAB Ribbon Bundle. I learned this ribbon weaving technique from Susan Paterson at one of our large group meetings. It's really simple - I'll post a quick tutorial in a few days. Anyway, I thought it looked kind of baby blanket-y!

I used the Nursery Necessities stamp set for this one, and I pulled the colours from the ribbon (Certainly Celery and So Saffron) and added some Almost Amethyst as well to give it a bit more baby colour.

The second card showcases our Watercolor Wonder Crayons and the SAB Botanical Blooms set. It's actually a CASE of another card demonstrated by Susan Paterson (she's a genius!). The main outline images are stamped in black Staz-On on watercolour paper. I then spritzed the solid-image stamps with water and coloured on it with the crayons before stamping them into the outline.
I then made a Mellow Moss "tag" with a torn bottom, tied some Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon around it and added a Perfect Plum Key Tag punch piece to it with silver brads. I broke out the Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware for this one as well. I stamped the sentiment in Perfect Plum, then stamped the images over that in Mellow Moss and Pale Plum before punching it out with the Designer Label punch. Then I adhered it to the card and put the hardware over top.

Finally, for the wedding card, I used the faux metal technique with the Polka Dot Punches SAB set. I used four layers of gold embossing powder before pressing the heart stamp into it. Then I punched out the heart with the Full Heart punch. I added this to the Blush Blossom card and paper pierced around the square with my mat pack tools. I edged the card with the Scallop Edge punch (I think the Eyelet punch would look better, but I don't have that yet!), then added a strip of Brushed Gold cardstock along the side. The sentiment is stamped in Gold Encore ink.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope the ladies enjoy these cards!

Blessings to you,

1 comment:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Absolutley gorgeous faux metal heart card. This one really caught my eye and I've passed the link along to quite a few others who also thought it was a WoW! The Heart ended up looking very elegant and a bit like a Byzantine bit of metal artwork.

Hmmm....now were are my embossing powders.....


Thanks for sharing - Jean