Thursday, September 11, 2008

Scrapbook Club Layout & School

Hello again! It's been a busy week so far, as I'm sure it has been for all of you with kids in school! My oldest son started preschool this week, so it's been a big change for me. I can't believe he's already in school (I posted a picture of him below!). Then tonight I have a meeting for AWANA - I'm going to be the preschool (Cubbies) director this year, so that should keep me busy!

Here's the layout that my Scrapbook Club will be doing this week. It's our final meeting for this club, and I'm really going to miss seeing these ladies each month! We're doing a Fall layout. Some ladies wanted Halloween and some wanted Thanksgiving, so they get to choose between the following two (it's the same layout, just different colours and papers). And of course, some ladies opted to do both!

For this Halloween layout, I used the Ghostly Greeting designer paper (isn't it fun!) as the colour palette. The pages are Pumpkin Pie with Basic Black and Old Olive (should be Kiwi Kiss, but I don't have enough of that yet - Old Olive works too!). I stamped the letters with the Taffy Alphabet and rolled the Haunting jumbo wheel along the bottom, both in Basic Black. The pumpkins are made using the Sizzix die cut Pumpkin #4 (I love this!). I made the journaling tags with the tag corner punch and put some jumbo eyelets through them with Basic Black grosgrain.

For the Thanksgiving/Fall page, I used the Haiku designer series paper with So Saffron as the page base. I layered Close to Cocoa and Old Olive. The letters are stamped with Lovely Letters in Close to Cocoa, and I used the Fall Harvest wheel for the pumpkins with Chocolate Chip ink. I coloured in the pumpkins with my blender pens using Tangerine Tango and Old Olive ink. For these tags, I used copper eyelets and hemp twine.
And finally, here's a photo of my little guy on his first ever day of school! He was so excited, he hardly slept the night before. He's wearing his new Cars backpack, lunch kit and socks! He had a great time. I got to be the parent helper on the first day, and his teacher is amazing.

Thanks for reading today.

Blessings to you,

5 comments:

Diane said...

Hey Shannon,i'm sure your life will change now with your little guy in school!! Busy busy busy!!!
Your layouts are fabulous,I'm sure the ladies will love them.
And your son is so cute!!!

Corie said...

These layouts are FANTASTIC -- your little guy is ADORABLE!!!!

tyrymom29 said...

Your lil guy is too Cute!!! and those pages are awesome !!

Cheryl KVD said...

Very cute layouts...the best part is they are all ready to go for some fabulous fall photos!!!

Alex said...

I totally love your layouts - they are fabulous, mind if I CASE the Halloween one for a class? I love it!!!! Your little one is totally cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex