Friday, August 15, 2008

Sour Cream Containers and some Rambling!

I was thinking this week that being a stay-at-home mom would be so much easier if the kids weren't here! Imagine all the work and stamping I could get done if I didn't have to take care of children! LOL!

So this week, I have been madly preparing for my New Catalogue Open House (this Thursday, August 21 if you're in my area!), my downline meeting (last night), my Scrapbooking Club (on Monday), my fall classes, etc. in between family excursions and playing outside in the gorgeous hot weather we're enjoying here (you have to take it while it lasts here in Alberta!)

I haven't been at my computer much with all this going on, so I just thought I'd do a quick post to show a fabulous, quick and easy (what else!?) project I've made to use up my scrap designer series paper that has retired. Sour cream containers!!
If you haven't tried these yet, they are so fabulous. Beate gives a great tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. I made these for my Mystery Hostess Gifts. There is a slip of paper inside each one that has a different Stampin' Up! catalogue item in it, ranging from a Stampin' Write marker to a Pretties Kit. When a hostess books a workshop, she can choose one of these containers, and at her workshop, we will add it to her order as her free booking gift (that way her workshop sales are that much higher).

I made them really simple because I was making so many of them. To decorate them, I either added a scallop circle and 1 3/8" circle of designer paper or two 5-Petal pieces of designer paper held together with a brad. These were attached with dimensionals. Here are a few of them:Thanks for reading! I'm such a bad blogger... I haven't been visiting my friends very much this summer. After my open house, I'll have some time to get back. Please be patient with me!

Blessings to you,

3 comments:

Alex said...

What a fabulous idea Shannon - I think I will try this at my next workshop (next week!) Thanks for sharing, yours are totally cute!! And, you sound like you have a lot going on - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lee said...

Wow!!! These are fabulously gorgeous!! I have never tried making these.....they are calling to me now!! LOL

Deborah said...

Wish I was up your way! Thes are so darn fun! Deb