Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fresh Notes

I hope you've all had a chance to order the Fresh Cuts stamp set with the Fresh Notes from Stampin' Up! This is one of the most beautiful sets I've seen, and I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of it! And I love these note cards, with the laser-cut flower that you punch out. The 5-Petal punch fits perfectly behind it! I made this card for a wedding shower for a girl at my church. I chose to use Groovy Guava since it matched the floral gift wrap I used! I just sponged ink all over the outside of the card and stamped the sentiment in the bottom right corner. I put a little orange flower (not sure who made it - just from an assortment of little paper flowers I bought at Michael's) in the center of the card flower with a So Saffron brad.

On the inside of the card, I stamped the big floral stamp on vellum and attached it with some copper eyelets. Then I sponged ink on the inside front of the card as well. I actually like the inside better than the outside of this card! The only problem was deciding where to write! I think next time I play with these note cards, I'll attach something over the front inside cover so that the inside back is left blank for writing on.
Thanks for reading!

Blessings to you,

5 comments:

Alex said...

Beautiful use of this set Shannon! Can you believe I have had it for a month and have not even mounted it yet - I know, shame on me! You have inspired me though - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lee said...

Oh wow!! This is so elegant and just gorgeous with the inside script!!

Allison Rankin said...

Super colors here! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty! I love this set, notes and the colors you used.

Shannon Tompkins said...

I just got this set but haven't cracked the rubber yet. Figured I'd use it for my last stamp club of the year.