Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Patience and Poop!

Sorry, I don't have any cards to show today. Yesterday was a crazy day! Yesterday morning when I went to get Noah up, his diaper had overflowed up the back and there was poop all over his crib. What a way to start the day! He ended up getting a bath, and I had to wash all the bedding - sheet, pillowcase, bed cover, crib pads, etc. Fun, fun. Never mind that I had to be at church for Ladies' Group that morning besides feeding the boys breakfast and getting myself ready!

Well, I didn't think anything else of it until after nap time yesterday afternoon. When I went in to get Noah up from his nap, he had somehow managed to get all of his clothes and diaper off, and guess what? Oh yes, there was poop all over the place again, even on the walls! Well, Noah looked at me and said, "Bath!" Who'd have thought that a 22-month-old could be so clever? He loves baths, and he had discovered a way to get one!

Suffice it to say that it was more of a hosing off than a bath that time, and I was a lot less patient than I had been in the morning! Again I had the joy of washing all of his bedding again, along with the wall.

Oh, the joys of motherhood! I should have taken pictures to scrapbook, but I wasn't feeling very "capture-the-moment-y" at that point! LOL! (This photo is from last week, not yesterday! It's hard to stay angry with that face!)

7 comments:

Lee said...

Awww Shannon.......oh yeah......the stories!!! LOL And that is exactly why God makes those precious little innocent eyes and sweet faces!!!! LOL

Tracy.H said...

Gotta luv 'em! It's a good thing...for him...that he does have that face! ;0)

Josee Smuck said...

It just goes to show how smart he is...lol. My oldest did that when she was little except she was walking and decided to leave us the lovely mess in OUR bedroom! The stories we'll have for their wedding day. :)

Alex said...

You gotta love 'em, right Shannon - teehee! He is a cutie, how can you stay mad at that little guy? *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Diane said...

That's one rude wake up call,lol!
But my goodness he's got the cutest little face!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Sounds like you had quite a day! ;) Boys are always getting into some kind of trouble. I've had many moments that 'could' have been scrapbooked too! hehe!

Lori Barnett said...

ewwwwww!!! ha ha ha ha!! Oh the joys of being a mom! I'm sure THAT was NOT a Kodak moment! ha ha ha ha.