Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christmas Gift Bag

This has to be the easiest project ever! I found these bags at Deserres (but I’ve seen them at Michael’s too). They have all different colours and sizes, and they’re very reasonably priced. I think these medium-sized ones were $0.85. So, you just have to stamp all over it and decorate it as you’d like.

For this one, I used my Mistletoe wheel with Bravo
Burgundy ink and rolled it along the top and bottom edges on both sides of the bag. Then I used the Peaceful Wishes stamp set to create the design for the center of the bag. I stamped the main image on Whisper White cardstock with Always Artichoke and Bravo Burgundy (I used my Stampin’ Write markers to get the two colours on the stamp). Then I matted that on Bravo Burgundy and Always Artichoke. I made a scalloped edge on the Artichoke paper with my corner rounder punch. Before adhering this to the bag, I stamped the pine branch, pine cone and berries underneath in Artichoke, Close to Cocoa and Burgundy.

I made a coordinating gift tag for the bag by making a 3 x 3 card in white, then layering the Artichoke and
Burgundy squares. Finally, I stamped images all over a 2 x 2 square of white cardstock before adhering it to the card. I punched a hole in the corner and used some burgundy ribbon to tie the card to the bag’s handle.

I'm going to make a bunch of these!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card and bag are so cute. Thank you so much for sharing your inspirations.

Diane said...

Very nice Shannon! Great work!

My Paper World said...

Beautiful! and I love the little tag too!

Jenn D said...

This is so pretty! I love this stamp set, but I forget to pull it out. The gift bag and matching card are perfect.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it so great that you can take a plain white bag and turn it into something wonderful! ;) Love it!