Saturday, June 29, 2013

"He is Mighty to Save" Frame

I've been meaning to post this photo for awhile.  This is a project I created for our church's Ladies Retreat weekend.  They wanted a quick, easy craft that costs less than $5, so here's what I came up with!
I made the Bible verse, which was the theme verse for the weekend, on My Digital Studio.  I then printed it out on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut it out to fit a 5 x 7 frame (which I found at the dollar store).  For the quilted piece, I cut a large square of Soft Suede cardstock and one of Summer Starfruit to fit inside it.  Then I punched out a bunch of 1 1/4" squares of the now-retired Comfort Cafe designer series paper and glued them onto the large squares.  I then ran the whole thing through the Big Shot with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.  To finish it off, I tied some lace ribbon around it and glued it to the Vanilla Bible verse piece before popping the whole thing into the frame.  Quick and simple, yet a gorgeous reminder of their retreat weekend.

Thanks for reading!

Blessings to you,

No comments: