Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day from Mario!

My friend, Noelle, asked if I could come up with a Mario-themed Valentine's Day card for her son, who is in love with all things Mario.  Here's what I came up with:
I found an awesome tutorial by Jessica Lewis for making the Mario out of punches.  Check it out for complete instructions.  For this Mario, you'll need the following punches: 1-3/4" Scallop Circle, 1-3/8" Circle, 1/2" Circle, Bitty Circle (from Bitties punch pack), Scallop Oval, Ornament, Small Oval (or Word Window), and I used the circles on the Owl punch for the eyes.  I changed a few things - I used the Small Oval punch for the front of the had (I know it's retired, but it was easier than cutting down the Word Window punch!). 

I also thought it would be cute to make the "coins" that sit on the pipe out of red glimmer hearts in honour of Valentine's Day.  I used the Small Heart punch for those.

Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone,

No comments: