Here's what you need:
- 16 x 20" canvas
- 24 small envelopes (Stampin' Up!'s 3-1/8" x 3-1/8" square envelopes)
- 24 squares of designer series paper (Snow Festival)
- Big Shot with Bigz Typeset Alphabet (or other 1 to 1 1/2" number die set)
- assorted ribbons & embellishments - I used the Ornament, Small Scallop and Large Scallop punches, rhinestone jewels, Gumball Green stitched satin ribbon, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine, felt ornament.
- Sticky Strip
- Whisper White cardstock (24 rectangles that are 3 x 3-1/2").
- Cherry Cobbler & Gumball Green cardstock.
- Cut the flaps off of the envelopes.
- Adhere the designer paper squares to the back of the envelopes (not the side you would address) to cover the folds. This now becomes the front of your pocket.
- Glue the numbers and embellishments to the designer paper on the envelope pockets as shown in the photo (or however you'd like!).
- Slide the Whisper White cards into the envelopes. These cards are for you to write advent family activities or clues to where treats are hidden.
- Once the envelope pockets are finished, arrange them on the canvas, making sure they are evenly spaced. Attach the envelopes to the canvas using sticky strip. It's easiest to start with the bottom row.
- After the envelopes are all glued down, take out your Whisper White cards and write your activities or clues on them (you could also do that before you start). There are some great ideas for family activities on the link here to Kimberly Peterson's advent calendar (the one Mandy found on Pinterest).
Blessings to you,