Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January Stamp Club Cards

Happy New Year!  I've had so much fun playing with all the new stuff from the Occasions Mini Catalogue, and my Stamp Club ladies get to share in the fun!  Here's what we'll be making this month:
This is my sneak peek card for the upcoming Sale-A-Bration!  I copied the butterfly idea out of the mini catalogue.  It uses the new lace doily sizzlits die in Calypso Coral, layered over some Everyday Enchantment designer series paper, then cut with the Beautiful Butterflies die.  I also used one of the new Edgelets dies and embossing folders for the bottom of the card.  The sentiment is from Elementary Elegance, stamped in Lucky Limeade.  Some SAB ribbon and a brad finish off the card.
I definitely wanted to show off the new Framelits dies, so I used them with the Take it to Heart stamp set.  I stamped the bird in black Staz-On on watercolour paper, then coloured using my Stampin' Pastels and a blender pen.  I also used my Aqua Painter with some Baja Breeze ink to colour in the heart so it would blend better with the Twitterpated designer series paper.  I punched a scallop circle out of Blushing Bride, then used my bone folder to soften the paper (swipe the bone folder over the cardstock several times until the edges start to come apart).  Then I peeled apart the scallop circle so I had two that look like suede.  I glued those together, then did the same thing with some Island Indigo paper and my Boho Blossoms punch.  To finish off the card, I added some Blushing Bride folded satin ribbon and a Twitterpated button from the new mini catalogue. 
I couldn't go without the new scented embossing powders, so I had to show this to my Stamp Club ladies!  The cherries from the Mouthwatering set are inked with Real Red craft ink and a Lucky Limeade Stampin' Write marker.  I then poured some Cherry-scented embossing powder over the cherries and heat set them.  They smell soooooo good!  The card is simply finished with some polka-dot embossed Lucky Limeade cardstock and Real Red satin ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings to you,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are so pretty!!!