Thursday, September 8, 2011

Spice Cake Weave

This is a card I made for a Holiday Mini swap I'm participating in with my upline, Winona's, group.
I was inspired to use this paper weaving technique by this cute card by Noelle.  I used the Spice Cake designer series paper, cut it into 1/2" strips and wove it together.  Then I added some Early Espresso quilted satin ribbon with sticky strip.  I finished that part with a Regals flower button. 

For the greeting part, I stamped the leaves from Gently Falling (my new favourite stamp set!) in River Rock and More Mustard with Early Espresso for the outlines, then cut them out.  The greeting is stamped from Teeny Tiny Wishes and punched out with the Modern Label punch.  I also stamped the leaf over the greeting piece for some texture.  I tied some hemp twine through the sentiment piece, then attached the leaves and sentiment together with a mini clothespin.  I attached the whole piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Hope you like it!

Blessings to you,

No comments: