Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bells & Boughs

This is a card I made for a swap I'm participating in featuring new accessories.

I am so loving this new Deck the Halls designer series paper from the Holiday Mini Catalogue!  I pulled colours out of the paper to complete this card - Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke and Crumb Cake.  I started by sponging all the layers with Crumb Cake ink to add texture.  The Crumb Cake layer is punched with the Scallop Border punch.

I stamped the bells from Bells & Boughs in Crumb Cake ink, then used my blender pens to lightly colour it in with Artichoke, Cherry and Crumb Cake before punching it out with the 1 3/4" circle punch. 

I tied some Cherry Cobbler seam binding around the whole thing and threaded it through a jumbo button (these are fantastic!) before tying a big bow.  To finish, I added a Merry Christmas (from Teeny Tiny Wishes), punched it out with the Word Window punch and layered it on a piece of Always Artichoke punched from the Modern Label punch.

I think I'll be using a lot of Cherry Cobbler in my Christmas cards this year! It's gorgeous!

Blessings to you,

No comments: