Sunday, September 27, 2009

Scrapbook Club Layout

Okay, this photo didn't quite work out as planned - the glare of the flash kept reflecting off the letters in the center, but not on the edge! And if I took the flash off, it was too dark. So please forgive the bad photo - the page looks a lot more impressive in real life!

Anyway, my new Scrapbook Club is having our first meeting tomorrow, and I thought we'd start with a Halloween layout. I used the Cast-A-Spell designer series paper and pulled the Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black from there. For the letters, I embossed the Jumble Alphabet letters with white embossing powder, then sponged some white shimmer paint over them for a spooky look (which, as I mentioned above, looks way better in real life!).

The pumpkins are cut with the pumpkin Sizzlitz die using the Big Shot. I sponged some Pumpkin Pie ink around the edges to give them some texture. For some added embellishments, I put some Basic Black gingham ribbon around the main photo matte and added a Pumpkin Pie corduroy button.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow night! I have quite a few new ladies coming, some of whom I haven't met yet, so it should be lots of fun!

Thanks for reading!

Blessings to you,

No comments: