Monday, August 31, 2009

Asian Spotlight

I'm very excited to be starting up new Stamp Clubs in September, and I've been trying to come up with some cards that will be easy enough for beginning stampers, but still hopefully interesting enough for my returning Stamp Club ladies.

This is a card we'll be doing that uses the Spotlighting technique. It's pretty simple, but I like it!

I stamped the bamboo from Asian Artistry (level 2 hostess set) in Soft Suede. Then I used my Ruby Red and Soft Suede Stampin' Write markers to ink the bird section of the stamp again. I stamped it on a scrap piece and punched it out with my 1 1/4" circle punch. I layered that on a 1 3/8" Ruby Red circle and adhered it to the bamboo piece. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (what else!?), and the whole thing is layered on some Soft Suede cardstock.

For the card base, I used Ruby Red and layered some Whisper White that I textured with the new Big Shot Perfect Details Texturz plate.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings to you,

2 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Love your spotlight on the bird. And I like the pop of red! This should appeal to all your ladies. I'm finding it hard to come up with cards for beginners because what I think is easy may not be.

I just wanted to let you know that I've left you award on my blog. You don't have to do anything with it I just wanted to send out a thanks to you for your support and encouragement through positive comments and emails. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Love your elegant card Kendra!