Wednesday, October 22, 2008

All About Opals

My mom called me the other day and asked if I would make a clear envelope brag book (click on the link for a tutorial) for my step-dad's mom's 80th birthday. They bought her opals as a gift, and my mom has found all kinds of information about them that she thought would be cute presented in a little album of sorts along with the opals.

So I went online, did a google search and found a picture of opals from the website All About Opals (oddly enough!), and I printed it on some Whisper White cardstock. I chose Tempting Turquoise and Brushed Silver as complementary colours to the photo.

For the cover, I stamped "Opals" with Lovely Letters and embossed it in silver on some vellum paper, then attached it over the image with silver eyelets. I matted this on turquoise and adhered the whole thing to the silver cover. For the edge, I put in more silver eyelets and threaded Whisper White taffeta ribbon and silver elastic cord through it.

And voila! I hope mom likes it!

Blessings to you,

1 comment:

Alex said...

Very pretty Shannon, I am sure she will love it!! Now, off to see what else I missed while I was gone! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex