Thursday, April 10, 2008

One Crazy Week!

Wow! I'm such a bad blogger! I've had a busy week (plus I'm now addicted to Facebook! LOL!).
My mom has been visiting since Friday, and we've had such a great time! We celebrated my son's fourth birthday this past weekend, so she came out to party with us. Where on earth does the time go? I feel like it was only yesterday that I brought him home from the hospital. Now he's four already, and he'll be starting pre-school in the fall!

Here he is opening some gifts with Daddy (can you say spoiled?) We had all of his cousins and his uncles and aunts, my mom and my husband's parents, plus some family friends over, so the place was packed! Adam insisted on inviting his Sunday School teacher and her kids as well. He just loves Ms. Corbett! The kids were surprisingly well-behaved and the party went very well. I was pretty impressed that he went and said thank you to everyone after he had opened each gift (we had a big talk before the party about saying thank you to people).


DH and I also celebrated our eleventh wedding anniversary on the weekend (yes, my son was born the day after our anniversary! We came home from dinner four years ago and turned around and went right to the hospital! What a great way to celebrate your anniversary - NOT!) Anyway, it was nice that my mom was visiting because she stayed with the boys and let us go out for dinner and a movie. We went and saw Leatherheads. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was a hilarious movie! I love George Clooney's comedies. Very witty and intelligent humour!

My mom went back to B.C. this morning amid tears from my boys. They had such a great time with Grandma (as did I!). There's nothing like becoming a mom to make you realize how much you appreciate your own mom!

Also, our car's broken, so DH has been driving my van to work this week and I'm stuck at home, so at least I should be able to get some stamping done tomorrow!

Well, there's a quick recap of my past week! Thanks for listening to my ramblings! I'm hoping to get some cards posted tomorrow if I can stay off of Facebook for awhile! (Come on, I know I'm not the only one! LOL!)

6 comments:

Lee said...

First........Happy B'day to your baby!! Next.....don't ever worry about keeping up with blogging, family always comes first!! Although know that you ARE missed!!! Can't wait to see some new creations!!

Alex said...

Wonderful pics Shannon...he is so very cute and look at all the presents!! It does go fast, my baby just turned 19 - YIKES!!! I did miss you this week BUT family is first so I will wait until you come back :-) Guess what I got in the mail today - your FABULOUS package, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, it is wonderful!!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Diane said...

I was wondering what had happened to you!!!! Wow,I'm happy you guys had such a terrific week Shannon!
Happy B'day to your little guy and
Happy Anniversary to you and DH!!!
Lots of celebrating for sure!!!
Have a wonderful weekend Shannon!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the picture and the stories. Those little boys grow up fast! Happy Birthday to you little guy. Happy Anniversary to you and your DH too! Sounds like you had a busy time with all the family and activities. Hope everything turned out great for you! Thanks for filling us in! ;) P.S. Thank you for the beautiful bday card! You are sooo sweet! Hugs to you!

Corie said...

WOW -- what a busy time you have been having!! Happy Anniversary!!

Lori Barnett said...

VERY cute story!! Born on your anniversary! How fun!! Yes..the kids do grow so fast. My youngest is 7 and it only seems like yesterday I was changing her diapers. Check this out...I STILL pick her up and carry her to bed!! ha ha ha. If she falls asleep with me watching tv or something..I pick her up and carry her like a baby! I have to turn sideways go get her through the door! ha ha ha!!! I figure it won't last much longer cause I'm not that strong. Right now she weighs like 60 pounds so I'm already pushing it. :) Love the pics!! great to hear from you again