Monday, June 25, 2007

My First Sketch Challenge Card

I've never tried a sketch challenge before since I don't have a lot of creative ability, but Beate's challenge looked like something I could probably do (she even said it was easy!). I had some glossy paper left over from my first attempt at polished stone technique (see below), so I thought that would make a nice background. I adhered that to my Pale Plum card base, then sponged Perfect Plum lightly around the outside. I put a strip of Perfect Plum across the bottom, then cut some strips of the polished stone paper and tapered that across. I used a metal edge tag for the circle embellishment. I stamped the flowered heart from Simply Said inside with Perfect Plum ink. I then covered the whole thing with VersaMark and embossed it with Iridescent Ice EP (it's hard to tell from the photo, but it's all sparkly and pretty!). Then I stamped the sentiment from Holidays & Wishes in Perfect Plum, then stamped over it again with VersaMark (I used a Stamp-a-ma-Jig to make sure I stamped directly on top). This was embossed with Iridescent Ice as well.

This was my first attempt. I didn't like the Pale Plum rectangle with the sentiment, so I got rid of that and stamped right on the Perfect Plum strip and embossed it (as I said above!).

Anyway, I hope you like it!

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This is a great card, love the paper, it was a fun sketch

Heather P. said...

Pretty! Great job on your first challenge. :)

Diane said...

Would of never known this was your first sketch...it's beautiful!TFS!